Countdown to World Championships
“HIP HOP” is “UNITING” – coming together, sharing, respecting each other and learning from one another in order to grow and create better results. During 2022 we had “full house”, and this year we expect a great event. Hip Hop Unite is proud to arrange the Event in Portugal.
- International event with over 17 country members.
- International judge panel, where majority of the judges are HHU certified.
- International workshops, and coming together.
- Clear Rules & Regulations for all divisions.
- Small Crew competitions in: Cadet, Junior, Adult and Senior.
- Mega Crew competitions in Cadet and Adult.
- DUO competitions in cadet, junior, adult and senior divisions
- Youth Battle 1vs1 Hip Hop
- Adult Battle 1vs1 Hip Hip
- Judges Feedback after the Finals
- Medals, Trophies and Prize Money
OUR REGISTRATION FEE
- Participation fee for Duo dancer
- Water during the competition
- Certificate for all dancers
- International judges
- Participation fee for crew competition per dancer – Each dancer is paying for each division. If a dancer is participating in both Small Crew division and Mega Crew Division, then the dancer will be invoiced for both divisions. – Water during the competition – Certificates for all dancers – Medals for all Medalists
- Participation fee for each Battle dancer
- All dancers have to pay, also if competing in the Crew competitions.
- Price Money and Medals for all Winners in Adult
- International Judges
City: Óbidos, Portugal
The Name of Óbidos
From the Latin term “Oppidum”, the name of the main settlement in any Ancient Roman administrative area.
It has a small population of about 2.200 inhabitants, but nearly 11.800 if we count the whole municipality
Óbidos is known for its wonderful castle & walled city that immerse you in a medieval environment, making you feel you are in the 1600s.
Its history is a very rich one as well. The place was inhabited by the Lusitanians until the Romans arrived. There, they built what would one day become the Castle, but just as an outpost for the Roman Legions.
Our Time Table from 27th – 29th October 2022
THURSDAY – 26th OCT 2023
16.00-17.00 Hip Hop Workshop – to be announced shortly
17.00-18.00 Hip Hop Workshop – to be announced shortly
18.00-19.00 Hip Hop Workshop – to be announced shortly
18.00-19.30 Registration and Check-in all crews, and Duo’s
19.00-21.00 Judge Meeting and Dinner, including DJ/MC
19.00-21.00 Floor testing (all crews/duo’s according to start list)
FRIDAY – 27th OCT 2023
10.00-10.15 Opening and Welcome
10.15-11.15 Preliminary Round Hip Hop Juniors
11.15-12.00 Preliminary round Hip Hop Adults
12.10-12.40 Preliminary round – Duo Junior
12.45-13.05 Preliminary round – Duo Adult
13.05-13.30 Break – Lunch for judges / Staff
13.30-14.15 Preliminary round Hip Hop Cadets
14.20-14.50 Preliminary round Hip Hop Senior
15.00-15.30 Preliminary – DUO Cadet
15.35-15.45 Preliminary – DUO Senior
16.15-17.15 Preliminary round Hip Hop Mega Crew Cadet
17.20-18.20 Preliminary round Hip Hop Mega Adult
19.00-21.30 Youth & Adult Battle, 1vs1 Hip Hop + Funk & club Style Battle, 1vs1
SATURDAY – 28th OCTOBER 2023
10.00-11.00 Semi-final Round Hip Hop Juniors
11.05-11.50 Semi-final Round Hip Hop Adults
12.00-12.30 Semi-Final – DUO Junior
12.35-12.55 Semi-Final – DUO Adult
13.30-14.15 Semi-Final Hip Hop Cadets crews
14.20-14.40 Semi-Final – DUO Cadet
15.15-16.15 Semi-Final Hip Hop Mega Crew Cadet
16.20-17.20 Semi-Final Hip Hop Mega Adult
17.20-17.30 Announcement of all FINALIST (only 10 in each category)
18,00-18.30 Opening – FINALS (chair of HHU and Mayor of Gent)
18.30-19.20 FINALS Hip Hop Duo Adults/Juniors/Cadets/Seniors
19.30-20.30 FINALS – Junior small crews / Adults small crews
20.30-21.15 FINALS – Cadet small crews / Mega Crew Cadet
21.15-22.00 FINALS – Seniors / Mega Adult
22.15-23.00 Award Ceremony
Generic Questions About This Event
Do you have a Code of Conduct?
Hip Hop Athletes are obligated to follow the good spirit of the sport and ethical values of the sport, the principles of Fair Play, National and International Anti-Doping Codes and other rules and regulations that are in force.
Fair Play is often referred to as “the spirit of sport”, it is essence of Olympism; it is how we play true. The spirit of sport is the celebration of the human spirit, body and mind, and is characterized by to following values:
• Ethics, fair play and honesty • Health • Excellence in performance • Character and education • Fun and joy • Teamwork • Dedication and commitment • Respect for rules and laws • Respect for yourself and other participants • Courage • Community and solidarity
What is Hip Hop Unite?
“HIP HOP” is “UNITING” – coming together, sharing, respecting each other and learning from one another in order to grow and create better results.
The idea behind HIP HOP UNITE is to create a well structured organization offering hip hop workshops, education and national, european and world championships focusing on the needs of dancers, coaches and clubs
How can we register for the event?
Our registration process is very simple. Please go to the top of this page and click on the “Register” Button.
On this form registration form you can register your team in Cadet small crew, Junior small crew, Adult small Crew, Senior Small Crew, Mega Crew, DUO’s and Battles.
What about the music?
We do not accept or use CD – You need to upload your music upon registration of your team or send the music to email@example.com, and we’ll have it tested and ready to go on the day. The format must be MP3.
Crews are required to BRING AT LEAST ONE (1) CD with your music to the event as backup – JUST IN CASE THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE UPLOADED MP3-TRACK. The backup-CD should be labeled, being clearly identified with the following: Category, Name of Crew, Country. Example is the following: Cadet_NoWayCrew_France
Is it possible to substitute a dancer?
For SMALL CREW a total of two (2) members can be substituted from the preliminary round to the final round but any change must be authorized by the Head Judge.
For MEGA CREW a total of four (4) members can be substituted from the preliminary round to the final round but any change must be authorized by the Head Judge. .
Can we test the floor/stage?
Please refer to the time table.
Crew dancer in the Battle?
At Hip Hop Unite we offer the following to battle categories: Hip Hop 1vs1 Adult & Hip Hop 1vs1 Youth. The Youth category is from 7-12 years old.
Do you give Prize money?
Yes, Prize Money is awarded in the Adult and Mega Crew Division for all medalists (1st, 2nd and 3rd places).
The prize money will be paid out to the winning crews right after the finals by the Secretary General.